[IP] EPO - PTL!!!!!

Do I ever have a praise!!!  I just received 13 vials of single-use only
Procrit (erythropoietin = EPO) for $30.00 (THIRTY DOLLARS) total!!!!!!!!!
For 7 yrs. I have been going to the hospital bi-weekly or weekly for an
injection of this *liquid gold*  (my words) and paying (ins.) $170.00 per
injection - our part was $54 a mo. Our previous ins. co. would not let me
inject it myself (doing shots/infusion 51 yrs to myself). When I saw
nephrologist 9/24 he wrote me an Rx for 90 days (13 wks) of 3,000 units (30u
on an insulin syringe).

If my hugsband still has a truck (doubtful) on 12/3/01 I can order a refill
of 13 more vials. What's sooooooo exciting about this? Well, there are
10,000 units per vial and they are single use vials - just like our lancets
and syringes (HA!!!). I was recently given 4 vials of this stuff from a
friend whose dh died and she said they were $1500.00 total. Neph instructed
me to draw every last bit out of a vial cuz it's like gold. The hosp. would
draw out what I needed and throw the rest away. Therefore, IF we are w/o
insurance, I have  enough for 43 weeks and they expire 9/03.

I had to pay $54.00 a month to the hospital - no gasoline used either to
stay home and inject myself. This is soooooooooooo great. And m-m sent them
with 4 ice packs and a foam cooler CHEST in a cardboard shipping box. The
FedEx guy left them on the porch in the sun, however. They're treating this
even more cautiously than insulin.

Wait'll my hugsband hears about this. Did I say YIPPPPEEEEE? (~_^)

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle