RE: [IP] mail order pharmacies

Just went through a round of this crap with RxPrime (15 phone calls over a
month and they sent me the wrong # of the wrong brand of strip), which is
the mail order pharmacy for Cigna.

Here are my thoughts:

1) Get the prescription filled first at a regular pharmacy, then transfer
it.  I seem to have less problems with those than with prescriptions that I
attempt to originate with the mail order, perhaps because transfers are
handled at the pharmacy level and not the data entry clerk level so you have
a slightly better chance of having fewer inept people potentially botching
your order.  It is slightly more expensive that way (it cost me $35 more)
but it is a one-time cost, and worth avoiding the hassle.

2) If you have less than a 5 day supply left, *insist* that the mail order
pharmacist phone in a one month supply to your local pharmacy with no copay.
RxPrime has now had to do this for me twice because they couldn't get their
act together

3) Give them a chance to get it right, then make a fuss the likes of which
they have never seen.  They are not here for your convenience, they are
contractually obligated to deliver, and when they don't, they should be
penalized.  Make sure you complain to Aetna in addition to the pharmacy,
also complain to your HR rep if your insurance is through your job.