[IP] spa services

I work in a spa part time and I get these services all the time. As far as
Manicures and Pedicures are concerned, the BIG issue is clipping the
cuticles. This really is not recommended. Your nail tech can push the
cuticles back, but no cutting should be done. With the pedicure you may also
have a tech who scrapes the bottom of your feet with a very fine razor to
get rid of calluses. (This is not legal in all 50 states, so it may not be
an issue.) I would suggest that you do not have this done either. Also,
check the water temp of the pedicure bath with your hand before you put your
feet in.

Now with all this being said, I do not have any circulation problems and I
have had techs use the cuticle clippers and have had my feet "razored." I do
know that if you tell the tech you are diabetic, they may not understand and
refuse to perform certain services. You know your body best and what you can
and cannot handle. If the technician or the spa does not look sanitary in
any way, you may also want to reconsider getting any nail services done - or
any services at all.
Amy B. Anderson
Apple Product Professional

Justice and Peace for All Americans