Re: [IP] non responding highs

Kathy,
You are an amazing person. One of the basic questions is how reproducable is
this. We both understand to obious variables. YOU KNOW I CAN'T ADVICE YOU EVEN
IF I HAD THE ONLY AND RIGHT ANSWER AND YOU MUST KNOW I DON'T WNAT TO BE LIABLE
FOR ANYTHING I SAY EVEN  IF IT'S CORRECT. BASED ON YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE
ABOVE I CAN PROCEED. It seems the a match of distribution of carbo activity
might keep the BS from crashing after 4 hrs. If it were me I would match the
rate of drop of BS to type and amount of carbo. fOR EXAMPLE, if normal is 120
the low is 40 I would to take a Snable( 52 gms fast acting carbo ) or a Pespi
( at 41 gms active carbo ) these would get me to 160-200BS This is my magic in
the morning or other times of the day or night.
I really would like to know what happens.
Take Good Care of yourself.
Richard
email @ redacted

Sounds like everyone reacts differently to the humalog..I certainly do.

My b.g. starts dropping a little after 2 hours, almost back to normal after
3 hours and crashes after 4 hours!!!  So I think my body is retaining the
humalog a lot longer than any book says!

I am so tired of this happening.  I feel real crummy after I eat because the
b.g. spikes and nothing really happens until 3 hrs after and insulin still
going strong cause it drops me to really low at 4-4 1/2 hrs...

I just wish I could find a way to stop the spikes and even myself out w/o
having all those lows!

Kathy Bruckmeyer