[IP] Insulin resistance?

I have noticed lately that my bolus requirements seem to have gone up and I am using a lot insulin each day. Do type 1's usually
have a problem with insulin resistance? Does it change depending on how long you've had D? (15 1/2 years for me).  Is there any
thing that can be done?  Is it harmful to be resistant?
I am on basals of 1.7 to 2.0 and total 85-100 units of humalog per day. I have noticed that my breakfast and lunch boluses seem
especially excessive.  A bowl of cereal with skim milk in the morning takes about 12-15 units of insulin not to make my levels
rise. A lunch of soup, crackers, an apple or granola bar can take 17-20 units. I am a little overweight, but I always have been
(and the baby didn't help much :) )     My basal testing seems to say that my basals are about right. Does anyone have any advice
on this?  Is it reallly a problem, or do I just take the amount I need to take, and not worry about it?

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Who seems to take mongo doses of Humalog.