Re: [IP] hi! (fwd) The Weather (from Lily)

> In a message dated 9/30/2001 6:32:29 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > For you parents of pre-teen and young teens, this is from a young lady now
> >  18 who was using 80-90 units a day at one point when she was 12 or 13.
> >  Don't be supprised if your youngster does something similar. She grew over
> >  3 inches that year.
> Mike, Was Lily pumping then (when she was using 80-90 units)?  Also,
> how long was that after she was dx'd?

She was dx'd a few days after her 11th birthday and began pumping
about 5 months later. The few months prior to the big insulin use
spike she averaged something like 50-60 u per day and it jumped over
a period of a few weeks to the 80-90 u/day peak and remained their
for a month or so, then began going down again. She was not ill,
rather at the peak of good health, very active, etc.... I must say
that at the time it certainly got my attention and the attention of
her endo. I relate the story just so parents won't be supprised to
see insulin use bob all over the place. It's a wonder kids survive on
MDI at all !!!