[IP] cold that won't go away

I seem to have this cold that just won't go away.  Just when I think it's
getting better, it comes back.  I went to the doc once and he said it's not
bacterial so I shouldn't use an antibiotic.  It's been about a month now.
I'm not dying, but it just doesn't make the rest of life any easier when you
have a runny nose and headache and sore throat and can't sleep... you know,
all the fun stuff that comes with having a cold.  I know a good bit of why
it's hanging around has to do with the extra stress I've had recently.  So
what should I do, any suggestions?  I'm eating right, I'm taking vitamins,
and I even took a sick day when I first got sick just to stay home and
rest... but it won't go away for good.  Any ideas?