[IP] To Rick Selvik

True, not everyone goes into combat, but all must be prepared to do so.  In
the Army, you are first a soldier trained to shoot a gun and defend your
country.  Then you get a specialty such as mechanic, cook,computer,etc.
although there were cooks in the Persian Gulf and Vietnam.  Before one can
claim discrimination, one has to prove they were qualified for the job. Jobs
have qualifications, physical, educational, etc.  Instead of "I have diabetes
and am disabled and per ADA you must take me" try "I have diabetes and am
very able. I exercise, eat healthily, see my MD regularly, don't smoke,etc."
Many folks with diabetes are in better condition than some GI's. I would have
responded just to you but no email address so apologize to all on list.