Re: [IP] Pre Existing Cond

whomever can tell you the name and number.   The pre-existing condition
policy, as long as the person was covered before with no lapse, is illegal.
Pres Clinton took that away for us.   It is absolutely illegal for them to
claim pre-existing condition.  NOW...be careful about the lapse.....my
former insurance ended on Friday and new insurance began on Monday when I
changed jobs and they tried to tell me I had a lapse in coverage!!!  I got
the new company to start my insurance on the Friday my old insurance ended.
ONLY because I had specifically asked, after accepting the job, if my
insurance would be a continuation....was told yes.  So when BCBS tried the
lapse thing, I went to HR and said
"you said..."  and they changed my start date.   Nasty little trick.   But
call the Insurance Commissioner and you should be fine.  Keep us posted!!!
Bonnie Richardson

Isn't there at least a 90 day grace period allowed by law?  I know in
Virginia that I get 90 days before they can say there was a lapse in
coverage.  Check with the state insurance commissioner.  It does not matter
in what state your insurance coverage is based/comes from, they are required
to follow the laws of the state where you reside.