[IP] Is it dumb to *practice*?

> I'm thinking of just going ahead and doing a prep just like the video
> *without insulin* and wearing it around for a couple hours, not even
> pumping or anything.  To ease into it and to get over this anxiety
> Is that dumb?  Are there negative consequences to doing that?

Over 17 years ago I was required to insert a *practice* infusion set and
wear it for 3 days just to acquaint myself with the idea. No harm other than
that evening the choir director demonstrated how to breathe deeply and
patted his stomach. My hugsband had a practice needle too and we both
cringed during the patting!! ;-)
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/2383) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)