[IP] RE: insulin in mail

> gel pack will not arrive to you frozen - it's not meant to.*   I HATE mail
> order Rx's!!! I had 700 strips left in the mailbox at 9F - I
> like seeing my
> friendly pharmacist and picking them up!

For the same reason, I also get my insulin from the local pharmacist even
though I have the option to get it mail-order at a reduced price.  However,
I often wonder if the situation is no better at the pharmacy.  I have no
idea how hot or cold the truck is that delivers to them.  The trucks that I
have seen there were not refrigerated and the driver may have stopped for a
3 hour lunch and left the truck in the sun.  And my pharmacy was probably
the last of 50 stores that were delivered to.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998