RE: [IP] kidney stones & protein in urine

I had my first kidney stone on my 21st birthday. I am now almost 50 and have
had 27 more over the years. I have had my kidney blocked twice because the
stone was so big. I do have diabetes but have no kidney damage at all (knock
on wood). I would doubt that you have any serious kidney damage. My
nephrologist told me that during an attack your kidneys will give abnormal
readings. For example, during my last one (had to have it removed) my
creatinine level was right on the cutoff point which would not allow the
doctors to do a dye X-ray. The doctor said it looked like I had some damage.
Once the stone was removed everything reverted back to normal. I'd have it
looked at but I don't believe I'd worry too much at this point.