[IP] insulin in mail

> I have never had any problem with my mail order insulin prescriptions.
> mail order house is only 70 miles from home and I usually get the insulin
> overnight, but could drive to pick it up if needed.  It's packed in dry
> and styrofoam peanuts, and still reasonably cool.

Another YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). Mine comes from Fort Worth, Texas to
north central Indiana. They look at the calendar and decide the weather -
not what it actually is. It has been left on the front porch in the sun for
1-4 days with NO styrofoam nor ice pack. The box clearly has a warning
sticker to *Keep Refrigerated!* (as though the hot front porch is equal to
refrigeration.) The jelly pack in the last batch was warm - I was told *The
gel pack will not arrive to you frozen - it's not meant to.*   I HATE mail
order Rx's!!! I had 700 strips left in the mailbox at 9F - I like seeing my
friendly pharmacist and picking them up! YMMV too. ܰ
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/2383) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)