Re: [IP] back off

In a message dated 10/28/00 3:40:30 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The pump will either deliver the amount of insulin specified or it will
>  give a no delivery alarm.  There is no in between.

I don't think that is true -- I had one pump that gave me a no delivery
alarm, and when I called MiniMed they had me do some tests which they felt
indicated that the screw was turning too slowly (or was it to fast, I don't
remember.)  Anyhow, the tech I talked with was concerned that I was not
getting the right amount of insulin and said "change the set, that might get
rid of the non-delivery alarm, but we will send out a new pump in the
morning."  So, obviously she thought it was possible that there was an
in-between level that was neither right nor nothing.   And, contrary to some,
I feel I got good service from MiniMed .