Re: [IP] starting the pump on your own

Darrin Parker wrote:
>  I found one endo (the
> only one who sees pump patients) and he's been discouraging me form the
> pump for three years.  So I'm going it alone.  I have been studying the
> pump and following this list for four years or more and will try it without
> the dorks who call themselves doctors.

Darrin, why has he been discouraging you? Has he given you any reasons?

My endo discouraged me the first time I asked, saying that it was more
trouble than it was worth (like as if he would know, not having diabetes
and not living with it 24/7), but when I asked again, a year later, he
went along with it.

Personally, I think the pump is LESS trouble than shots, simply because
I was already doing the testing and carb-counting, and having the pump
makes it easier to be spontaneous!

Good luck!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted