RE: [IP] Illegal testing

Bonnie Richardson [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I went to their HR supervisor and said,
> I don't mind
> answering these questions, if you tell me how this effect the job I am
> applying for.  She told me that everone had to fill them out.
>  I,  very
> professionally, reminded her that this was illegal.

I believe they can ask these once they have decided to offer a position
contingent on passing the drug test, but not before. If the testing shows
illegal drug use, then they may retract the offer.  The other information
may go into a confidential file, and may be given to the group insurance for
their records, but may not be used as a basis for hiring.

Since it was eight years ago, I'm sure the time has passed for you to take
action, and since you don't desire to work for Boeing, it's moot.  But
anyone else applying should be aware and check that their hiring practices
have changed.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted