Re: [IP] deleting outlook express

   Carol Teal with the 956 messages,
        Click on tools on the top of outlook express, then click options
then maintenance, then it will say cleaning up messages where you can check
the box to automatically delete all messages once you close outlook express.
Just be sure to save anything that you need to respond to. This deletes
messages you have deleted from your inbox. You still have to delete from the
sent messages once in a while.  I swear I am not a computer geek, I just had
the same problem and after allot of clicking around, maybe this will help!!
Pump Huggssssss...........Dauna"

I find it easier not to set it that way so I don't forget to respond or save
something.  I simply right click on the deleted items folder and then click
empty deleted items folder from the drop down menu.  I have the options set
to never save sent items.

Just depends on personal preferences.