Re: [IP] Sleeping with the pump

<part of original post>
<I have a question...where to put the pump when you sleep....Also am
thinking the 42 inches of tubing is too long.>

Hi Gail,

For me the best solution was to get a "leg thing" or "thigh thing" and
attach the pump securely right below my knee. Obviously I need the
longer tubing to do that (I'll tell you, for me the 42 inch tubing is
invaluable--when I drop my pants to go to the bathroom, when I am
getting dressed, etc.) Actually I preferred the waist strap (stayed on
easier) but my wife didn't! She said the pump got in the way--so I
attach it below the knee and above my calf muscle (so it doesn't slip

This one was of my first questions, as this is not the first time I have
tried using a pump.  The first time was over 15 years ago, and it was bulky
with no inserter needle to remove, I used to wear it clipped to my bathrobe
tie.  If this was going to be the deal I knew I would say no to the pump.

I use the leg pouch and or the waist pouch, both only cost me 25.00 and
change from minimed, very soft material for the bands with Velcro to keep
them buckled perse.  It took me all of three days to get used to wearing it
in bed.  They can also be used under your clothing.