Re: [IP] lubricating the pump screw

At 06:49 PM 10/28/2000 Pixie wrote:
 >Break-Free CLP also is great for lubricating pump screws and piston rods. My
 >husband uses it for lubricating his gun parts and thinks it'd work great for
 >pumps. It's a cleaning lubricating and protecting stuff used for delicate
 >metal working parts that mesh together and must operate smoothly. It also
 >prevents corrosion. One drop should be enough. I've not tried it yet tho.

You might want to check with your pump manufacturer before applying any
lubricant to internal parts. They may either have a specific product or
process they want you to use, or nothing at all. Putting on the wrong stuff
can possibly not only mess up your pump, but invalidate your warranty as
well. So, be really careful.