[IP] Re: Flashback Alert

> On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> > RoseLea wrote:
> <snip>  ACTUALLY, Jan & Bluda Sue wrote:
>  I'm going to the recesses of my mind here: When I had my *monster* pump I
> > got a few stares, but no one questioned me about it. Six weeks later
> > (10/4/83) I got the *small* king-sized pack of cigarette sized pump and
> > it in colored zipper-style cigarette cases with a key ring for a belt
> > (still do mm 507C).

> Was your old pump a Mill-Hill that you had to charge the batteries every
> day, mix insulin and saline solution to get correct basal rate and figure
> by "clicks"?
> Bob Hemus

Bob, I don't go THAT far back - it was a CPI/Lilly #9100. It can be see
through my website at http://maxpages.com/bludasue at the hyperlink where it
says PHOTOS. I did change the rechargeable batteries every other day and did
not mix Lilly Regular insulin (beef/pork). I had that *thing* ONLY six
weeks - and upgraded to the *small* king-size pack of cigarette sized
Betatron #9200 and used it for 9 years until CPI/Lilly quit mfg them. #2 had
no user clock and only one last bolus recall. It delivered fast like I
understand the D to do now and it hurt tooooo much so I had to break a 6u
bolus in two - 3, then set 3 min. later to del. the other 3. I LOOOVE the
slowness of the MiniMed for that painful reason. I will have a life-size
drawing of that pump at my BASH and the MM rep is FedExing me a pic of the
backpack pump to display. ܰ

NOTE to RoseLea: Sorry I did the same thing Bob did and attribute another
post to you that you said you didn't write.  See you in a week!!! I'm
reserving a table for IPers to gather at the BASH!

Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/2383) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)