[IP] TRW (was Need your comments about taking a physical for a new job)

In a message dated 10/27/00 9:52:27 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I had interviewed for a secretarial position with TRW, in the division
 makes the air bags.  I was hired to work in the computer center as secretary
 to the division head.  I had only to pass a physical and then I could start.
 I went for the physical and was honest and said I had IDDM, but said I was
 well controlled.  They did a "dip-stick" and it came out with "trace" of
 sugar, it was about 2pm and my lunch was probably hitting.  I had taken an
 extra shot of reg to try to be low for the exam (back in my MDI days).
 Next day the personnel lady called my back and said I could not be employed
 by TRW  >>

LOL  Good ol' TRW ... hasn't changed a bit! About 3 years ago, I was
contracted to do some editing work at one of its plants. When they found out
I actually tested and injected -- at work, yet!!!! -- I was all of a sudden
"not needed."

And one of these days I'll tell you about the plant nurse who told me I was a
"real bad diabetic" because I gave myself more than two shots a day. She had
never seen an insulin pen and did not know what Humalog was. (Hence, her
insistance that I dress in full anti-static regalia, come to her office, give
myself my lunchtime injection and THEN go in search of food!)

Good riddance to that place!

No problem with the drug test, though. I just told them what meds I took and
that was factored in. I passed.

Jan and Elvis