Re: [IP] Help with recipe carb count - unexplained high

In a message dated 10/27/00 9:04:26 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (took 30 cookies, bag says 5 cookies=23
 1 cup sugar
 1/2 cup butter
 1 T cornstarch
 2 cups milk
 4 eggs
 1 12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips (used Nestle)
 1 tsp vanilla
 1 package unflavored gelatin >>

OK. So what are the DIRECTIONS? Is this a pie, a cake? Inquiring minds want
to know! (how to make it)  :-)

I'd say to try it again. The high may have been from something else. Or this
could be one of "those" foods that you just can't seem to cover, no matter
what. (We probably all have certain foods that just aren't worth it very
often -- like bagels.)

Or try it again and add 50 percent to the bolus. Keep a close eye on BGs and
prepare to correct if he starts to go low. (he might have to have another
piece of whatever this is if he does)

Jan and Elvis