[IP] Help with recipe carb count - unexplained high

Would someone with one of the nice computer programs carb count this
recipe for me? The cookbook says 71 carbs. I counted it "the old
fashioned way" and got about 73 carbs. But I am wondering if perhaps we
are both wrong...
2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (took 30 cookies, bag says 5 cookies=23
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 T cornstarch
2 cups milk
4 eggs
1 12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips (used Nestle)
1 tsp vanilla
1 package unflavored gelatin
makes 8 servings

Last night Shane's BG skyrocketed. It went so high that by our
calculations, the dessert should have almost twice as many carbs as
indicated. This was the only "new" thing he ate, so we are pretty sure
he bolused the correct amount for the other stuff he ate (which was not
much), we even doubled checked the bolus record on the pump to make sure
he didn't just forget. He was 120 before eating. Everything else
(insulin, pump, site, etc) seems to be in good order because the
correction boluses brought him back down just right. It is extremely
unusual for Shane to experience a weird unexplained high like this.
Shane really liked the dessert and would like to eat it again (and I
sure don't need to eat the whole thing myself!), but he felt so horrible
from the high that we don't want to go through that again. We are
thinking that tonight we will try eating only 1/2 piece but bolusing for
almost a whole piece and then watching BGs very carefully. Thanks for
any ideas on this, and/or for helping me carb count!