[IP] Endo who don't like pumps

In a message dated 10/25/00 7:05:03 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
<< None or the endo's I've been to have said why they don't recommend the
pump! >>
They're probably too embarassed to tell you they don't know anything about
the pump!
Jan and Elvis
My take on it as a doc, It takes a lot of time to educate patients about
carb counting and proper use of the pump. There are incessant phone calls
and sick day problems until the patient becomes familiarized and
comfortable with the pump.  I love my pump and I'm glad my endo was patient
enough to start me on it. setting up the basals and and transitioning from
six injections a day to Christine. It helps to know your doc from
fellowship to practice. Love my endo.
A Bender, M. D.