[IP] symptoms of pregnancy(little long)

i had my tubes tied six years ago but recently i have had some symptoms of
pregnancy. i have still been having my menstrual cycles but they have been
irregular. two months ago it was a week late last month very heavy for two
days with severe cramping. also my breasts have been very sore. as soon as i
roll out of bed and gravity takes hold it reminds me of when i was nursing
all over again. i have also had some milky discharge from them.
i was getting a little worried so i got one of those home pregnancy test but
it was negative. is there anyone out there who has had a urine pregnancy test
come up negative but in fact it was positive? it seems like i heard that some
people for some reason have to have a blood test to determine if they are
I have had one miscarriage and had some menstrual like bleeding with my last
two children that is why I am a little frantic about this.
Any comments out there would be helpful. I am trying to decide if I should
make a doctor's apt. or not. I would hate to go in there looking like a
complete idiot.