[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #581

In a message dated 10/25/2000 7:37:43 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Susan, I am sorry your results weren't any better but, I have to say that
when I got pregnant (all 3 times)  My Hba1c were in the 7's also.  With each
pregnancy they ran in the 6's.  During the pregnancy I ran better than I did
before.  All 4 (I have a set of twins) children came out fine.  My twins
were in the NICU but it wasn't because of my diabetes, it was because they
were 3 1/2 weeks early.  I didn't have any problems with their births and
none of them were done by C-section, they were all vaginal deliveries.  I
don't think that a 7.1 is so bad that you couldn't think about getting
pregnant.  I hope that this helps a little.  Feel free to email with any
questions or concerns or even if you just want to vent. >>

I had one very healthy daughter before my pump and without numerous Hba1cs
I had to do it with injections, etc. She is fine. I had her by c-section at
exactly 37 weeks.