[IP] Re-Diagnostic tests and no food allowed

I have done alot of tests were I am not allowed to eat 12-24 houers before or when I am very sick and can not keep any food or drink anything for several days. When this happends I let my basal just go and do not take my food-bolus. I do not give any extra insulin until I reach a BG on 270, then I take 2u Humalog. And if I goes under 108 I reduce my basal with about 0.3. In both times you have to test your BG often. I hope this gives you some ides about how to manage it
Good luch with the colonoscopy.