Re: [IP] ANXIOUS

------Original Message------
<Imagine that, an idd afraid of needles. It took me over an
hour to do my first injection with a short needle and that is all I have
used.  Does that longer needle hurt?  By the way I chose the MM508.>

Susan,

I totally understand where you are coming from, I am not too fond on needles
myself.  When I got home from the hospital after my diagnosis, my mom made
me give my shot (she didn't want me to become dependent on having her give
my shots) and it took me 45 minutes, my brother, Mike was outside of my room
timing me, out of the whole family he was the one that had the hardest time
with me getting diabetes, his outlook was his perfect little sister, that he
loved so much, wasn't perfect anymore...what a sweetheart!  Back to the
subject...I've been on the MM508 for 2 weeks and 2 days and love it.  The
softset w/softserter are perfect for me and the introducer needle is not as
scary as it looks (at least for me).  I have only felt the infusion twice
(on my right side of abdomen, which tends to be more sensitive anyway), once
I remove the introducer needle I don't feel a thing.  As for my left side of
abdomen, I have never felt a thing with the introducer needle, that is no
lie.  Good luck!, it gets easier with time.

Carrie W.

iWon.com       http://www.iwon.com     why wouldn't you?