[IP] Re: the insertion site and sex - a problem??

> << does an insertion site REALLY GET IN THE
>  WAY? >>
> It doesn't get in the way at my house. And I rarely even bother to
> disconnect. Your ex is looking for excuses.

Agreed, on both counts.  This topic comes up fairly regularly, and the
"real" answer, like just about everything else with diabetes, is Your
Mileage May Vary (YMMV).  In the case of my last girlfriend, though (who
incidentally was the first girlfriend AFTER I got the pump), we found that
it generally wasn't a problem.  For specific activities I'd disconnect (like
taking a shower together, but I disconnect for showers ANYWAY), but usually
it just wasn't a problem.

We've since broken up, for reasons that had nothing to do with the diabetes
or the pump, but that aspect at least wasn't a problem.  That may not ALWAYS
be the case, though.

--Greg                      http://www.pobox.com/~gregleg/
"Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem."