Re: [IP] Re: the insertion site and sex - a problem??

The anger may be because that is a reality that you are being forced to
look at without wanting to...

I have had the problem of my partner being overly concerned about
pulling the site out.  I "passionately" dislike putting in infusion sets
and that has nothing to do with the physical process. I suspect her
fear/energy of dis-placing a set is in direct relation to my feelings
about putting in a set... The reality is that I will have to change the
set - whether sooner or later really doesn't matter.

email @ redacted wrote:
> my ex was here for a few days (we try to be friends) during the two days that
> my pump had stopped working and i had returned to needles.  it took quite a
> while for minimed to fedex me a new one.  i had experienced five "no
> deliveries" so we replaced it.
> the ex looked at me and said "wow!  you look so much better without it.  And
> it must be so much easier to navigate now - you know - when you're in bed.
> no worries about hitting that damn thing.  it was always in the way."
> it didn't seem to matter that i felt healthier back on the pump; it was just
> that sex was such "a hassle" with it.
> jesus.  i am so glad he's the ex.  does an insertion site REALLY GET IN THE
> WAY?  i disconnect, as i'm sure most of us do.
> as if i don't worry enough about the darn thing (it's so weird for me to be
> without clothes with a "plug" hanging off my abs) when i begin a new
> relationship anyway.    i wish he'd never said it at all.  but he did.
> and i don't know why i'm so angry.  maybe because i worry that it's true?

Not saying it doesn't make it go away.

When I first thought about getting a pump (80s) there were 2 reasons why
I chose not to. First I was unwilling to "spend" that much money without
knowing whether I would like it or not (there was no talk of loaners at
that time).  Second and more important was the fact that I didn't have a
regular partner and was unwilling to have that "appendage" with a new

Does the set get in the way? I'd say it definitely does though the
amount is dependent on "mental awareness or concern", physical location,
and activity proximity to the site... No matter what I say it really is
in the way if my partner thinks it is...

It's probably just as weird for someone else not used to the set to see
it on someone else. You are used to having the set and "they" are used
to not having the set...

Jim S.
email @ redacted

Then there was the Type I psychologist who was intimate for the first
time with
a new partner.  Single female needing to call 911 to revive a passed out
guy does not lead to very many second times....