Re: [IP] vacation supplies - 2 sets of extra batteries

In a message dated 10/24/00 9:19:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< well if it helps any, you're teaching *me* how to be perfect!  :-)
yet another nod to the beauty of the Internet, enabling us to share our
collective experiences & hopefully spare someone having to repeat our
  So here's my contribution to the list: we were in New England this weekend
so that Melissa could stay overnight at Tufts, & then drove to Providence for
Parents weekend at Brown to see her sister. While Deena was working, Melissa,
hubby and I "redecorated" the room (with Deena's approval!) We went back in
the evening to finish, while Deena joined friends at a concert. No sooner had
we shut her dorm door, then Melissa realized she'd left her purse
inside...with her meter! Having forgotten her meter a few wks ago at school,
I knew she'd started carrying a 2nd one so I wasn't concerned...until she
smiled sheepishly & said BOTH were in the purse....
   Oooooo..kay. So when Deena still wasn't home by midnight, we all went to
sleep in the hotel, meter-less, & when we finally retrieved her purse the
next morning, Melissa checked and was 260. Not surprising considering we'd
had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory! A correction bolus, a delay in going to
brunch, & by the time she was ready to eat again, she was back in range.
   Bottom line - thanks to all the "troubleshooting skills" Melissa has
learned as a pumper since March '96, she was able to deal with the situation,
accept it as an aberration & move forward. Not a bad "life skill" to have
mastered at age 17!!....And I think I'll take a bow too for not having
freaked out as I would have years ago in my more anal stage of color-coding
recorded blood sugars!! LOL
Regards, Renee ( pump mom)