[IP] super sites

Hi gang!

Ya know, just when you think you have it all figured out (kind of) and the
bg's are marvelous (for the most part) Kevin gets one of those "virgin" sites
or super sites and it blows us away! Lastnight was a typical Monday after
soccer, and we are very cautious with boluses anyway, but then he changes the
site and we are til 11pm feeding the poor kid (who was actually loving it!)
and keeping him at 50% basals! What gives? THEN,  Silly us, thinking it was
probably just the extra running around, bolused NORMALLY for his cereal this
am, and then he crashes again first thing at school. Get this, he guzzled a
can of soda (much to his friends frenzy that HE can drink soda during school)
and then a chocolate milk, and set his basals back to 50%,  he is only 120
after being 59! So, he waddles back to class, completely content (and
burping) and we tell him we need to change it again tonight!? Who do you
think will win? Ha ha. He is 5 foot 6 inches and weighs 104 lbs...he could
stand to gain a pound! :) So what? We leav
e him at 50% for the next few days and deal with it? Or change it? Isnt it a
good thing that he doesnt need much insulin?  Go figure...another day in the
life of a child diabetic. I think I'll quit my day job, and write a book! ha

Mom to Kevin, 12, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99