[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #576

In a message dated 10/23/00 8:08:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Brynn writes
<< A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions from anyone who has
 diagnostic tests requiring no food or drink from midnight until AM procedure
 is completed. No responses as of yet >>

Sorry I missed that posting.  I had a colonoscopy last year.  Unfortunately,
I wasn't on the pump yet.  I cut my HS insulin in half and took nothing by
mouth until after the procedure.  I had my glucometer with me and the soda I
normally use to treat lows.  I checked my BS twice before I went into the
procedure, they checked it once while I was "out" and then twice after the
procedure when they did give me soda.  I used the cherry flavored prep which
was icky sweet but tolerable.  I think if you got into low trouble, a clear
liquid (soda) would not inhibit the procedure.  Good luck and good results.
Jill Tiffany