[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #576

In a message dated 10/23/00 8:08:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Dauna writes
<< My husband wanted me to suspend my insulin
 and I tried to explain to him that if I did that I would end up high.  How
 do I explain this better to him or should I have suspended? >>

Sound to me like you handled this one just right.  I don't suspend at all
when I'm low.  I may do a temp basal decrease - especially if I'm not near a
normal meal.  Your husband is probably scared of the lows (who isn't?).  He
may be responding too to the times you were low and weren't coherent enough
to treat the low right.  Sounds like this is hooked in to the chats we've had
re significant others' feeling and responses to our lows.  Jill Tiffany