No Subject

> Had my ultrasound this morning and got my first look at the baby.  The big
news is that I am not five weeks pregnant--I'm eight
> weeks and two days.   How the Hell do they know the two days part??? ( and
why didn't I?)
They know from the number of body segments or somites. As development
progresses it does so in segments each somite or segment is added at a
specific point in time, hence the 2 days. Sperm can live in cervical and
uterine crypts for several days.  Unless reproduction is different in
Bowling Green than the rest of the world. Good luck with your pregnancy We
are all rooting for you, no pun intended.  Spot and Christine who have
mostly forgotten somites and segmentation stages.