Re: [IP] Re: Diagnostic tests and no food allowed

At 03:09 PM 10/23/00 -0400, you wrote:
 >A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions from anyone who has
undergone
 >diagnostic tests requiring no food or drink from midnight until AM procedure
 >is completed. No responses as of yet. I will be having a colonoscopy
 >(routine) and will not be able to eat or drink overnite and until it is
 >completed mid morning. My basals are not perfect and I am not sure if I will
 >be able to hold a safe bg number for that long. My CDE/pump trainer (who has
 >more experience with pumping than by physician) said glucose tabs are
usually
 >ok. Any suggestions on this? or something good (other than the recommended
 >juice) to mix the solution necessary for emptying the lower digestive tract?
 >Somebody on the list must have had this or something like it  done - please
 >help. Thanks, Brynn
There is a sugar free solution that I had for mine (pre pump).  I can't
remember what it's called, but I do remember having to drink 1GALLON of
this stuff starting the afternoon before.  Ask you Dr. about it.  It had a
cherry flavor, and didn't taste that bad.

David