Re: [IP] pump died! Need help! ASAP

We were taught in pump training to take frequent doses of  (at least every
four to five hours with the amount of insulin your basal rate would give over
that time) to cover the missing basal and to test often.  It's not perfect,
but it's surprising how close you can come. A pain in the *** getting through
the night that way, but better than introducing NPH into the equation -- that
will only make it more complicated.  I found that if you  limit your food for
the day to things you know to be quite predictable, it works pretty well.