From: denise poole <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 2:39 PM
Subject: [IP] pump died! Need help! ASAP

My pump has died! And I need some suggestions asap, if possible. My Dr wants
me to take NPH. I don't want to take it because my pump will more than
likely
be replaced by morning. I have had NO insulin or food today and my BS's are
staying right around 250. Mu basal rates are .5 from midnight til 6 am. And
.3
from 6 am til midnight. I can figure out the boluses, just not the amount
for
the basal rates. Can anyone help me with this? Also my Dr is telling me I
cannot use my velosulin for injections, which is what I have always done
when
I have had to take a back up injection?! Does this advice make any sense? I
hate to have to go to the pharmacy for all the prescriptions she has planned
to call in for me just for one days worth of MDI! Thanks a million for any
advice! Denise