[IP] How do I explain?

Saturday my sugar got low before lunce (47). If I get low any other time I
will usually suspend, take a glucose or two or eat something.  Since this
was right before lunch, I popped a glucose and started eating lunch.  I also
waited to program my insulin to start. (usually I program it to go in over a
1/2 hour cause Im a slow eater) My husband wanted me to suspend my insulin
and I tried to explain to him that if I did that I would end up high.  How
do I explain this better to him or should I have suspended?  BTW, it worked
cause at 2pm my sugar was 129.  Thanks in advance