Re: [IP] Re: silhouette vs soft set

on 10/21/00 4:09 PM, Raymond C. Rahn at email @ redacted wrote:

> The second reason is more likely. If the soft-set
> adhesive does not adhere well, it may shift. This would cause the canula to
> be bent in two places - Once where it is attached to the patch and once
> where it enters the skin. These two bends can make delivery impossible.
> Even if delivery is made, it would be in the skin layer instead of in the
> subcontaneous tissue.

I had a similar thing happen with a sof-set micro (which is all I use) when
I was helping a friend move. I was leaning the boxes on the little "knob"
that sticks out and did not realize that it had slid out. I did not get any
"no delivery" alarms as there was no obstruction and because I was using a
lot of energy, my BG's weren't outrageously high (there were around 160)
Dx - 1972
MM508 - 5/2000