Re: [IP] Airports/Airplanes

On 21 Oct 00, at 4:16, wombn wrote:

> Because airplanes always ask you to turn off pagers and
> cellphones and stuff, do you have to turn off your pump? (doesn't
> the newer MM have a remote?)

I've flown many times since I got my pump and I've never had much
problem.  At some airports it sets off the gates and I usually just wait until
they go through the scanning with the wand and it either rings on my belt
buckle or the pump.  If it's the pump I take it out of the case (the padded
sports case) and tell them it's an insulin pump.   I've been through several
times and the alarm hasn't gone off at all.  They usually get more excited
about my computer than about my insulin pump...

> What about the security gates?

No problems.  Just cooperate, don't get upset and don't volunteer any
information.  I have had security guards ask questions like "How long have
you been on the pump?" and "How do you like it?"...  I've also had some tell
met that another guard or a relative has a pump and really likes it...  If
they act like that just be friendly and tell them how much you like the pump
or if it's taking some getting used to...  Most of the time they aren't trying
to hassle you, they're just doing their job...

I'm going to Canada (Toronto) soon so it will be interesting going through

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)