[IP] Re: silhouette vs soft set

I can see a couple of reasons your soft-set may be causing a no flow alarm.
The first would be a low basal rate combined with low bolus rates may allow
blood to clog the end of the canula. This would block it and cause some
delivery problems. The second reason is more likely. If the soft-set
adhesive does not adhere well, it may shift. This would cause the canula to
be bent in two places - Once where it is attached to the patch and once
where it enters the skin. These two bends can make delivery impossible.
Even if delivery is made, it would be in the skin layer instead of in the
subcontaneous tissue. My suggestion would be to insure that the soft-set
does not shift after insertion and to tape it down well.

Ray Rahn