Re: [IP] Carb listings for Asian foods?

Hi. You've just discovered one of the many YMMV food groups.  I have
never found an accurate book regarding any ethnic/regional food.  The
BIG problem here is portion size.  Your local Sushi chef (as everywhere)
uses his/her hand as a guide to produce those beauties, and that's what
give the variation in CHO, as well as amount of each ingredient that
they use.  We just changed Chefs at my hotel.  The sushi is still
fantastic, but there is a definate 'change' in; ingredient 'mix', roll
diameter/length.  I attribute this to his regional training.  I find
that 'guestimating' is the best and safest way to deal with this
problem, then doing a 'clean up' bolus about 2 to 3 h later.  Good Luck.