[IP] New pump and confused

I need some help from those of you with pump experience. I received my new
pump from MM and I plan to start it myself. I understand everything that
came with the pump except a box of adhesive patches labeled IV3000.
Minimed's documentation doesn't address the use of these patches. The only
note in English on the package reads "Moisture responsive canula dressing."
 This patch supposedly keeps bacteria from growing under the patch. It
appears that these patches go over the infusion set and holds the set
stable at the point of insertion into the skin. Is this correct? If so,
then why two patches? The "Soft-Sets" come with a protective patch. Are the
two used together?

Ray Rahn
Hoping for improvement through pumping. By the way, I thought I would call
my pump "The Mosquito".