Re: [IP] Nasty hypo guy (me) scares his gal. Here's her email:

I have lived with my husband since becoming diabetic. Over the
years we have developed a routine when I experience lows that
cuts out the battles most of the time.

When he notices that I'm low he immediately takes charge, that
has helpped in situations that there are others around that tend to
overreact, including my mother who is also type I.

He never asks me a question, controls his emotions, and is very
direct. First he says we are going to check your blood. Then we
eat something together. His tone is now comforting and confident
when a low occurs. I will either get real silly and stupid or nasty.
In the beginning. I would always get nasty and pick a fight and with
me it was duck and cover because the nearest throwable item
would hit the air. The fights would last til I would get to a point that I
would shake and he would have to do something. He now knows
the signs much better. I too would feel like a complete idiot for

On the other side, growing up with my mom. My brother and I
would have to force my mother to drink some juice. It was difficult
to get her to do this often and this was before meters.
Living with a diabetic is challenging at times, but we are loved.
Gail J Donohue