Re: [IP] A Really, Really, REALLY Long Vent (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!) >:-(

Sorry about your situation!  How frustrating!  You DO have the right to
attend class and take care of your diabetes.  That's just one reason for the
Americans with Disabilities Act.  Sometimes we all need to do some time,
schedule,  and lifestyle rearranging to ensure our health is taken care of
and you are entitled to FAIR treatment.  It sounds like your professor
doesn't know a thing about diabetes.  I would definitely talk to someone at
your school (administrator, councilor, advisor) and discuss your situation
letting them know you are doing everything possible to accommodate your
health while keeping up with class work.  Does he make anyone else that
leaves class to go to the restroom bring a note?  Don't let him get you
down!!  You deserve to be in class and be treated as fairly as anyone else!
It sounds like he wants total control of every move his class makes.  Get
someone else to back you and figure out how to resolve this difficult
situation.  It sounds like you have a plan underway but I would question that
all that is necessary other than him knowing you're diabetic and sometimes
need time to do test bloodsugars, ketones, etc.  If he gets all the notes,
etc., this time what might he ask for in the future?  Don't let him get away
with discriminating against you because of diabetes (contact the ADA if you
have to).  By the way you have described his actions he probably has treated
someone else unfairly on the past.  Hang in there!!

Good Luck,  Linda