[IP] Pump's bad image

In a message dated 10/17/00 10:48:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> When we were at Erica's diabetic daycare, there was a teenage boy there
>  who would not even talk about pumping.  His mother was quite interested
>  in pursuing the issue because he had decided that he was tired of
>  looking after his diabetes, tired of schedules, tired of having to give
>  needles, tired of the whole routine.

That could have been my son and me.  When I first looked into the pump, my
son was not at all interested.  I joined this list and would casually drop
bits of info about the flexibility, ability to eat what you want, feeling
better due to better control, etc., into conversation.  After about six
months Josh got interested and we got the info from the pump companies.  Then
we had to change endos to get the pump.  He's been pumping for a year now and
loves it!!  Josh said he would never go back now, so maybe that mom is onto
Annette (mom to Josh, 17, dx 8/91, pumping since 9/28/99 and five non-D kids)