Re: [IP] Type 1 & scandinavian ancestry

>How many of you type 1's on this list is of skandinavian ancestry? In
>particular Sweden and Finland. I read some Diabetes fact and the incidence
>of type 1 per population is much higher in the scandinanvian countries. Just
>wondered if it meant you werre more likely to develop type 1 if you were
>from there. My parents are Swedish and I'm a type 1.

I have heard this about Scandinavians also but never knew whether or not
it was true. Just like I have heard that Hispanics are more prone to
type 2. Just for the record, my family is primarily Scandinavian, no
hispanic, and we have several type 2's. Shane's family is primarily not
Scandinavian, no hispanic, and they have several type 1's...