Re: [IP] Excerpt of "Difficult Conversations" by Stone, Patton, Heen

I love postings like this.  Ones that really begin to drill down on an issue
and give specific ideas on where to begin.  Greta's mother is not an easy
case to handle, and the chances of turning her around are (in my opinion)
pretty slim, but of course, not impossible.  Self esteem and body issues do
run deep, which is why it is so hard for outsiders to help.  I have a friend
like this, only instead of admitting it is a difficult topic to think and
talk about, she says that she IS exercising, eating right, and testing
regularly.  And she is doing none of these things.  She thinks she is fooling
everybody.  She is Type 2 and has a habit of reminding my daughter and I that
she is lucky not to have Type 1 which is so much worse, blah, blah, blah.  I
don't say anything anymore.  Fifty-four years old is old enough to know the