[IP] public speaking

Posted on a recent digest:
>>WELL SAID!  That is great advise for everyone on the list, we could all
benefit by this advise one way or another.  Have you done any kind of public
speaking? You'd be great at it.>>

That was directed to our own Miss Sara Smarty Pants with all her great
wisdom and experience rolled into one person - and sooo young (as compared
to my 61 looong years - lol).  I have to have another input here. I hear a
lot of speakers whom I think need a lot of polish. I have not YET met Sara
SP, so I have no idea how she delivers a speech, therefore, this is directed
to anyone who wants/will be/is a speaker. Many feel they have spoken enough
and do not need any help. That ain't so!! Listen to some weather reporters
whom are paid to speak and count the ummm's - the *good* speakers have
polish. Writing and speaking are two different shoes. A good writer may not
necessarily be a good speaker. Anyone who wishes to deliver speeches and
even get an honorarium, please join a Toastmasters club - near you
(worldwide). Check out www.toastmasters.org .  This REALLY is ON TOPIC since
many of our speeches will be about DM or pumping. YMMV
Jan, DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster)
(61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM 507C 3/99)